Many detailers hail these backing plates as the best because of the outstanding properties of moulded urethane. These Dual-Action Flexible Backing Plates minimize heat transfer, flexes to hug your vehicle’s curves, and are built to last. We believe that they are the best backing plates you can buy!
Flexible Dual Action Backing Plates offer these outstanding features:
· VELCRO moulded into the polyurethane to prevent separation while polishing
· Polyurethane construction to dampen vibration and reduce the transfer of heat from the polisher
· The core of the plate is reinforced with steel struts to maintain balance and apply even pressure to the pad
· The plated steel screw fits any polisher with a 5/8” opening ( DAS6, Meguiars G220, Kestrel, Porter Cable 7424 etc. )
· The bevelled edge prevents contact between the plate and the paint surface when the polisher is tilted.
Dual Action 3 Inch Flexible Backing Plate
A smaller version of the 5 and 6 inch plates, this 3 inch backing plate is designed for our Spot Buff 4 inch pads. The 3.5 inch plate has a 5/16” threaded post that screws directly into the polisher. Use any of the Spot Buffs pads, Lake Country 4 inch pads, or Cyclo 4 inch pads to correct small areas of paint or to polish particular spots.
Dual Action 5 Inch Hook & Loop Flexible Backing Plate
Use this plate with 5.5 inch or 6.5 inch pads. The plate is large enough to stabilize the pad, but small enough to provide an adequate buffer zone between the edge of the foam and the edge of the plate.